For the last 5 years Waringstown Presbyterian has proudly supported Operation Christmas Child, an initiative of Samaritan’s Purse. This is a way of showing God’s love in a tangible way to children in great need around the world, and also partner with local churches to share the good news of Jesus Christ. Each child in need receives a shoebox filled full of practical items as well as small toys or sweets! A small shoebox can have a big impact on a child who may not receive any other gift at Christmas. What goes into the box is fun, but what comes out of it is eternal.
Within our church this has been championed by one of our members, Ted Harrison who has been delighted to send between 700 and 800 shoeboxes each year to Eastern Europe, Asia and Africa.
This simple initiative has been supported by local schools, day care centres, and youth and community groups in the local area, as well as hundreds of local families.
Why not join with us this year and be a part of changing children’s lives all over the world through a simple gift of a filled shoe box! Simple instructions for filling a box are outlined below along with drop-off instructions.
5 Simple Steps:
- Find a Shoebox. Get an empty medium sized shoebox, and wrap the box and lid separately in colourful wrapping paper or order pre-printed shoeboxes online. Attach an appropriate boy/girl label (online), marking if your gift is for a boy or girl and what age category
- Fill with gifts. Fill your shoebox with a selection of fun toys, hygiene items and school supplies. *See website for gift suggestions and disallowed items.
- Make your project donation. A suggested donation of £5 is essential to cover project costs. *More details are available on the website below
- Pray. Pray for the child who will receive your gift. You can also include a personal note and photo of yourself or your group.
- Drop-off your shoebox. Place a rubber band around each closed shoebox and take it to Waringstown Presbyterian Church by Sunday 5th November or drop-off at Eden Coffee House. Please contact Ted Harrison on 028 38 820867 if you would like your shoe box collected or left with Ted.
*Full instructions available at: